Monday 22 April 2013

That girl is on fire

Hello again!
So apparently I'm like the worst blogger known to mankind, what with all my unscheduled leaves of absence - life kind of takes over periodically, and my scheduled posts only last so long!
My apologies, dear readers.

Anywho!

Today I have for you nails I did to match a dress I wore to a friend's wedding.
In actual fact, I wore this dress to two different weddings in two different countries, and had different nails each time, but we'll get to the second set when we get there. Eventually I might catch up with myself, real-life-wise...

This is the dress I was matching:

It is a Wayne by Wayne Cooper dress, and is gorgeously bright, which is the main reason I like it! Most people wear black or subdued colours to a wedding, and if you can't tell by my nails, I like to stand out.

Looking at the dress, and my first thought was 'a watermarble (if I can pull it off) would look splendiferous in those colours!'

So here's my attempt:



I did a red - orange gradient as a base, and then using black and a clear polish, watermarbled me some abstract wavy designs, and voila! Except for the ring finger on the left hand, I think it looked splendid.

What I used:
Revlon 'Cherries in the Snow', clear top coat
Essence 'wake up!', 'black is back'


And now, here for your viewing pleasure, a kinda crappy pic of my friends and I at the wedding.


Thoughts? Do you think it's too matchy matchy?
Thanks for dropping by!
xNai