Monday 15 October 2012

Braaaiiins...

Hello lovelies!
So today we have one of the This is Halloween Challenge manis that I'm rather proud of - zombies!


Today's mani was inspired by an artist I've been following on Instagram for a while now. Her handle there is @spooksieboo - go check her out.
She has an Etsy shop I believe, where you can go and order paintings of you and your loved ones zombified! I'll link it once I've found it, as right now the link isn't on her profile.
Edit: This is the link to her easy shop where you can purchase prints of some of her more popular designs, and sometimes even order customs pics...CLICK ME!

Anywho, on with the show!


I've always loved the eyes on her paintings, so I decided to replicate those here, with the trademark green of slowly decaying zombie skin, and of course some barely healing gashes, poorly stitched up.
And of course, a matte finish on these, because I felt it just more fitting.



What I used:
Essie 'Navigate Her' and 'Mojito Madness'
Essence 'Black is Back' and 'Fateful Desire'
Ulta3 'Lily White'
Rimmel 'Matte Finish'


What do you think? Did I do the challenge, and Spooksieboo's paintings justice?

As always, thanks for stopping by!
xNai

                                               

10 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I love the big round eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They, and that little bloody gash on the pinky are my favourite parts!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much! They, and that little bloody gash on the pinky are my favourite parts! :)

      Delete
  3. These are great! Wish I would have used matte finish. My nail that is supposed to be all gross is nice and shiny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I left them shiny originally, and then realised how much more appropriate they would be when matte. :)

      Delete
  4. These are so cute!!! What a good idea totally love them!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Obviously I can't take full credit - Spooksieboo has some brilliant artwork.

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think about my nails/posts, so feel free to leave a comment!

Please do not use comments to advertise or spam. Links to blogs or other sites without specific purpose will not be published.

All comments are moderated (this way I know I've read every one), so your comment may not appear right away.

xNai