Monday 22 October 2012

Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones!

Hello there!
Today is October 22, and as we inch ever closer to Halloween, I have some more funkalicious themed nails for you!
Today's theme is gradient.
I love me some gradient. I gotta tell you, I love that it's such a wonderful effect for so simple a technique! Aside from monstrous clean up, (like with black - could have kicked myself...), it's kinda my go-to technique.


So here we have some black and white gradient, with fading bones. I've done used this effect before, with greens and fading dots (which I'm sure you'll see sometime in the future on this here bloggyblog), and I loved the way it looked then, so I knew I wanted to do something similar. The issue then was what? I didn't want to infringe on any of the other days' themes, and so this idea was born.


I do realise, of course, that they look a bit more like dog bones than skeleton bones, but hey, you win some, you lose some, amiright?

What I used:
Essence 'Black is Back'
ulta3 'lily white'

Don't forget to check out some of the dozens of other awesome manis for this challenge!

Anywho,
Thanks for dropping by,
xNai

                                                            

16 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! It is so cute! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I was very happy with this idea..:)

      Delete
  2. This looks really awesome! Also, I was all in a spooky, halloweeny frame of mind and didn't think of dog bones at all (until you mentioned it).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, DAMMIT! I wore these for a couple of days, and the kids at work were all so curious why I had dog bones on my fingers - I was the same as you! Stoopid kids!

      Delete
  3. OMG these are so awesome! What a great idea I never would have thought of doing that! So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative! I just adore your nails :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That really is lovely to hear..:) You'll give me a big head...;)

      Delete
  5. This looks amazing! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a cool idea looks really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG awesome art gradient combo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Already commented but I wanted to let you know I recreated this for the 31st day of the This is Halloween Challenge!!! Yours is so much better though!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, exciting! such an honour that people like mine enough to recreate. I'm gonna check yours out now.

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think about my nails/posts, so feel free to leave a comment!

Please do not use comments to advertise or spam. Links to blogs or other sites without specific purpose will not be published.

All comments are moderated (this way I know I've read every one), so your comment may not appear right away.

xNai