Friday 5 October 2012

Poiple and Owange

Hello there lovelies!
So today marks the second of our 'This is Halloween' challenges -  the dreaded watermarble!

I'm not gonna lie to you, I kinda intentionally went into this one with like zero inspiration, and the only thoughts to cross my mind were 'please don't mess up, please don't mess up, please don't mess up...WHY WON'T YOU SPREAD?!'
Thus, you get simple, and still themed, sorta, watermarble!

Orange and purple watermarble

For this watermarble, I used revlon polishes, Siren and Rock, because I figured they're thin enough to spread.
I had wanted to add in some black and green, but none of my blacks at the time were spreading, and the green was just dropping to the bottom of the cup. Sad face.
Still, these colours look wicked together.

In more direct light

You can see that I've dipped two fingers in at a time, as the flowers sort of meet between my fingers!

Then I decided to mattify it using my Rimmel Matte Finish top coat.
Mattified Marble
I like the way it sort of sharpened the edges of the marble. It might have something to do with the fact that without the glare from the glossy finish, you can really see the design. The actual colours don't look quite as rich though. You win some, you lose some!

And that's that for day to of the 'This is Halloween' challenge!
Go have a look at some of the other challengers, there are some stunning, and really inspired manis around here!

Thanks for stopping by,
xNai

                                                   

2 comments:

  1. I love the matte nails. I tried doing a watermarble using matte polishes but they dry too quickly. I think next time I will just use my matte topcoat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good plan - it's really tricky finding the polishes that will cooperate. Maybe a satin finish polish rather than a matte? Let me know how it goes for you!
      -Nai

      Delete

I would love to hear what you think about my nails/posts, so feel free to leave a comment!

Please do not use comments to advertise or spam. Links to blogs or other sites without specific purpose will not be published.

All comments are moderated (this way I know I've read every one), so your comment may not appear right away.

xNai