Wednesday 19 September 2012

Spots and Dots

Allo poppets! (I am rapidly running out of ways to greet you, the unknown, and at this point, vacuous internets...)

We've got here some pretty pastel inverse dots. I went hunting at the beginning of winter for pastels, which are hard to come by, let me tell you, and this is what I found!


This look was achieved by painting the base colour, and then, using a medium sized dotting tool, placing a few randomly onto the nail. After that, I used a smaller tool, and filled in the gaps. Once the larger dots were mostly dry, I used the small tool, dipped in the original colour to create those 'holey' spots.


Colours used:
Revlon 'Jaded' and 'Gum Drop'
Sadly, both of these polishes are jellies, which I didn't know at the time, and required 3-4 coats for opacity. Such gorgeous colours though, and the purple's scented!

Have a good one!
xNai